Google Maps!

I don't know about you, but I can't travel to a new place without relying on Google Maps. Especially when I came to Dublin, a totally new place, not knowing where's what, what mode of transportation to use, which bus to board, learning that walking 30-40 minutes is not as bad as it was in Delhi. Google Maps made things so much easier!


Unless you live under a rock and don't know how it works, no matter what your destination is, you just put in your location and it would tell you what route would take the minimum time and some alternate routes, relatively taking more time. It would tell which transport to use, how much you would have to walk from where you are to (say) the bus stop, and then the walk from where you get down to the final destination. 


And it just makes me wonder, how would life be if there was an app to know how your life would unfold. Life is a journey, after all, a wild one with its ups and downs but just imagine knowing what to do and when to do it and how long would it take to reach from one goal to another.  

I wish we could use it to get directions and know what we have to do next in life! Should we take this decision to take a left after some distance or would a u-turn from here would be the best decision? How long would it take to get through a bad breakup, which college to apply to, which company to work for, who to trust and who not to? Like just tell me how long would I remain single for!!!

But if I really think about it, we do have some things that help us guide our life in a certain direction, don't we? We can trust in the signs, we can trust in faith, we can trust in our luck. Moreover, we can trust ourselves! ( I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT PEOPLE SAY THAT SO I WROTE IT. I DON'T TRUST MYSELF)

But If I really really really think about it. It would be so boring to live a life like that! already knowing how things are going to go, no excitement, or nervousness. Uncertainty, though, is something I hate in life ( if you know me, you know how uncertain my life is right now) but it is also what makes life worth living, right?

I guess we shouldn't be afraid to try alternate routes to our destination. Who knows the road we take might lead us to the best of the opportunities and makes the whole journey worth it? That's something I have been trying to explain myself for a while.

Maybe, try a different route than others. Another thing that I have been trying to follow, you may reach your destination a little later than others but does it really matter?  Can we normalize not comparing our life with other people!? PLEASE. 


To conclude, I think all that matters is that you keep moving at your own speed without seeing what others are up to. It's your car and you're your own damn driver. What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below.



Maybe, try a different route than others. Another thing that I have been trying to follow, you may reach your destination a little later than others but does it really matter?  Can we normalize not comparing our life with other people!? PLEASE.

Ok,Bye.

Comments

Popular Posts